BelleVue Lake Rules
- All landing nets to be dipped in our disinfectant, prior to fishing.
- Minimum landing net size 42” at least one net per angler (two preferred).
- Max 3 anglers with a 6 rod limit in total.
- Bait boats are allowed. Please use responsibly and respectfully.
- Minimum 15lb main line.
- No leadcore or leaders of any description.
- No braided line or shock leaders allowed, except for use with marker or spod rods.
- No fixed/bolt or tethered rigs allowed, safe rigs only.
- A minimum of 18” tubing to be used with all rigs.
- No shelf-life baits except hook baits.
- No particle or nuts of any description.
- Barbless, crushed or micro-barbed hooks only.
- No curved long shanked hooks.
- No sacking or retaining of fish UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
- Pellet MUST be purchased onsite from Etang Marolles.
- All cradles and weigh-slings are provided by Etang Marolles, please ensure correct use.
- Fishing permitted from designated swims only.
- Never leave rods unattended.
- No standing with fish, always kneel for photos.
- Ensure hook-links are unclipped, or main line cut, before lifting the fish into the weigh sling and cradle.
- Ensure weighing scales, iodine and camera are ready for use BEFORE lifting the fish from the water.
- Treat hook holds or any wounds with Carp care kit provided.
- Grass Carp MUST NOT be lifted from the water at any time, unhooking and weighing MUST take place in the water.
- Assistance is on hand 24/7 should you require it.
- Drunk or disorderly behavior deemed unreasonable, which could risk the safety of individuals or fish stock, will result in your holiday being terminated and you will be asked to leave the fishery.
- I/we give our consent for any photos to be used for publicity by Etang Marolles.
A Carp Angler’s Dream is to Catch Big, Immaculate Looking Carp
To produce this calibre of fish, we ask you to read and observe these basic fish handling rules.
Please observe these rules to help keep our fish in the best of condition.
- Before lifting the fish into the cradle, ensure these items are ready
- A bucket of fresh lake water to wet the cradle and fish
- Iodine to treat the fish
- Weighing scales
- Ensure hook links are unclipped or main line cut while the fish is in the landing net.
- Slide the weigh sling under the collapsed landing net and lift the fish from the water using the sling. Only move fish from the cradle to the water in the weigh-sling.
- Return all fish to the water ASAP.
- Take extra care in warm weather.